(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Sunday, December 23, 2012

We're just a couple of days away from Christmas Lord...

But for me, Christmas is every day!

I am grateful everyday for your gift to us all Father: Jesus...

I am equally grateful to you Father...

You are the creator of the world...you own it all...

You own me, everything that is material is yours Father...

Everything...

So why is it Lord that the world is in such a sorry state?

Why are there wars, and wife-beatings, and rapes, and conspiracies, and hatred...etc?

Why do people want to play god, enslave people, subjugate and control?

Are we so uncontrollable Father?

Are we animals?

Yet for those of us Lord who climb your mountain to reach you...

To reach your house at the top of the hill...

To enter your house with a sincere and loving heart...

Trusting in you Father...I am not trusting in money, power, or position; these are idols that I will not subject myself to.

Money, position, power, objects are not my god...they are just tools that come and go...

My blessings come from you Father...

You are my anointing, blessing, defender, my enhancer...

You are the source of my joy Lord...my first and foremost source...

You are also my source of defense, which Satan tries so hard to make me forget...

But how can I forget after all that you have done for me Father?

Every time I have an issue, any issue...I only need to talk to you...

Things just fall into place when I talk to you...

I like it a lot!

I like the blessings I receive from you...

But I'm also grateful for letting me know that I can receive your blessings when I call out to you with pure sincerity...

That you have trained me to detect Satan's attacks against me, and to expulse them from my life...

Thanks Lord

(GM Evagrius)