(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lord,

I appreciate you...

You are the apple of my eye...

You are my fullness, my completion...

In you I have no lack or unfulfilled desire...

Because of what you do for me Father, I sense that I am never alone...

Even though the Evil One is always looking for ways to distract me...by using people and circumstances to get me out of tune from you...

Even though things don't turn out the way I figured (and it affects me in some way)...

(Your greatest spiritual revelation toward spiritual liberation is here...read it for free and never be Satan's victim again...)

I turn to you Father for help...

I speak out my problem to you...

I say it as a point of fact, a situation that attempts to cut me off from you...I try not to complain...

I speak your Word on the issue...

I speak it with truth and sincerity...a heartfelt and honest expression...

Again, I don't complain; I just express the situation that bothers me Father...

Complaining about it does nothing...like trying to dig a hole in water: it does nothing constructive...

I do recognize though that a situation may lure me away from you Lord, keeping me away from intended blessings...situations that intend to block me from my relationship with you Father...

And as I am lured away from some circumstance, I see that my fortunes change, your favor is no longer there...

And the more I am lured away, the more I am steered off-course from you, and the less I receive from you...

I do feel being cut-off...

I am buried in a dust-cloud that overwhelms me...

But when I remain faithful to you Lord...

When I spiritually bow down and seek shelter in your embrace...

When I huddle in your arms and whisper my situation with child-like expectation...

All things change...

You change them Lord toward the better...

Circumstances big or small, it doesn't matter...you make them change for the better Father...

I see it happening in my life...exactly as it is done...

You rescue me out of the deep waters of my life...

I declare that my life is indeed a miracle of fine-tuned balance...

No, I am not a millionaire...life-balance does not necessarily come from being rich, right?

But a heart in the right place, next you Lord is the most wealthy...

Situations are changed for the better...

Bad circumstances are improved...

Your Grace showers me with favor...

Your healing improves me...

I am increased in blessings...

I feel the joy of a child again...

Wisdom and knowing you Father envelops me...

So I rejoice in you Lord knowing that you have heard my requests...

And you have greeted me with blessings...

I searched, and I found...

I asked, and I received...

I knocked, and you opened the door...

You have granted me glory Father...

You have kept me healthy...

Victories and glorious splendor has been my reward for my loving you...and sticking by you.

My blessings are unending Lord because I stay committed to you...

Yes, I sometimes fall on the wayside...yet I detect it and fight to stay on course by staying in-tune with you Father...

I know what it is to be granted favor from you Father, and I like it...it is clean and without condition...

And I want more of you Lord....

I feel like a little kid dancing around his dad in pure joy for being together...

Your constant and unconditional love makes me like a kid again, and I feel reborn...

I will not be shaken, even though I will be interfered with...

I will just speak out the Word Father, and with child-like expectation I know that you will prevail for me....

Thanks Lord.

(from GM Evagrius)