(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Friday, December 14, 2012

Lord,

I was thinking in these days before Christmas on your ability to favor a pure and sincere heart...

Like Mary, Jesus' earthly mother who you chose to be the platform in which the Savior would arrive and eventually save us all...

I read that when the angel Gabriel was sent to convey a message to Mary that she was chosen to bring the Savior into the world, Gabriel said that she was "highly favored by the Lord (Luke 1:26-28)..."

This isn't the only place where I have seen God's favor operate in the world...

Actually your Favor is everywhere Lord...I only need to reach out to you...

Your Savior (Jesus) showed us how to do it, how to reach out to you Lord...

I am doing it now...my spirit reaches out to you in this daily communication prayer...

I want to declare that I am sending out my heartfelt spiritual signal to you Lord, longing for contact...

My spiritual frequency is zeroed-in to you, open to receive a signal back from you...

I know that your favor sometimes comes when I don't expect it...yet I find that it is enough that I am sending you my signal in an honest and heartfelt way...I know that all things will fall into place...

I also know that the Evil One is always conspiring to have me disconnected from you so that I don't receive your favor...

And the Evil One has so many ways to keep me away from you Lord...

(See how Satan does it without you realizing it...a must read...free report)

But you have shown me favor Lord...

You have shown me what makes the devil so powerful...

The secret weapons that he uses before all else to start disconnecting me from you...

I detect it now...and let me tell you Lord, Satan has so many ways to disconnect me, too many for me to handle...

But you have shown me favor Lord...

You've shown me how he does it, the real way he does it...

And now I can detect his plots against me...

I detect him testing my defenses...

I detect him trying to infiltrate my mind in moments of weakness...

I detect him trying to infiltrate my mind in moments of strength...

He tries to infiltrate me during the good times and the bad...there is nothing that Satan cannot do to disconnect me from you Lord...

But you have shown me favor Lord...

You shed light into my mind...

I can see what the Evil One is intending to do...and now I can choose to my way...

During the good times and the bad, I know that you favor me Lord...

I can't do this on my own though Father...

Through your favor, and spiritual support, you enable me to stay on-track...

You give me the energy and the understanding to stay the course if I choose to...and remain in your favor...

I choose to stay on-course Father, and continue to receive your favor...

Thank you Lord...

(from GM Evagrius)