(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Lord,

A thought about the fast-approaching day of Christmas...

It's a day of remembrance for what you did for us Lord...

You saved us Father...

You opened the gates of your house for us...

You've opened it for me...

I am so grateful to you Lord...

You are letting me walk into your house...

You envelop me in your love...releasing me from all my fears...

Your goodness surrounds me...your help is never far away...

I've realized this Father...

I know that I need to journey through my life, through the various challenges I come across...

I know I am not alone in this journey...every living human being goes through the same thing...some do better at their journey than others...

Meanwhile, the Evil One is always making sure that there will be challenges to my mind-body-soul as I journey through life's circumstances...

Lord, sometimes I really don't know how I will succeed through the day...

Yes, the Evil One is challenging my dedication to you through my circumstances...

(See Satan secret weapons at work against you...eye-opening revelation for you, a must-read...)

But as I think of your work in Christ, and the things you've already done for me, I cannot help but feel saved...

All I need to do Father is tune-in to you, send out my spiritual signal to you, focused on to you...you've proven it to me Father already...

Yes, by my own heartfelt trust in your ability I let you into my life Lord....I let you into my issues and circumstances, and I awaited salvation with humility and quiet anticipation...

I just let go to you Father, helpless and thirsty for someone to reach out to me...

You reached out to me Lord, enveloped me in your embrace...

You fought off my issues and circumstances in an instant...you changed the course of my life...

You are avenging me Lord, subduing all that stands against my connection to you Father God...and saving me from my enemies (be it my own self-defeating thoughts, or outside influences)...

You have risen me above my enemies, and have rescued me...and you continue to save me everyday of my life...

You are keeping your covenant with me Lord, even though I may not be doing so at times...you are the most dedicated person I know...to me and my family...

I declare my love, gratitude and commitment to you Lord as I position myself to enjoy the day in spite of the challenges ahead...

I know that I will prevail with you by my side...

Thank you Lord...

(GM Evagrius)