(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Good Morning Lord!

My prayer-communication starts today with an expression of thanks for another day here on earth. It is a privilege and honor to be alive, even though challenges are a bit overwhelming at times...

I sometimes feel alone and abandoned by you...looking for you in my heart but not finding you...

I sometimes feel I am open to the arrogance of the world, trapped and cornered by the schemes of others, facing the ranting and ravings of the greedy and those thirsty of feeding their pride...

There is no room for God in them...only room for their self-absorbed illusion of their own importance...

Forgive them Father, they don't know what they do...

They are trapped within their own self-serving schemes, and many times don't even know it...or even realize that they may be affecting others (or maybe they do know but don't care)...

The Prince of Evil has taken control of their lives, steering them away from you...they are unaware or unwilling to think about it...


They even boastfully think that nothing can harm them as they go about their lives in self-proclaiming pride...

They want to belong, to feel popular, to show the world their ultimate importance...with no regard to you Lord...

They consider that no one can see their thoughts and their schemes, not even you Lord...

Sadly they forget that their actions are seen by you Lord, and they are accountable for their actions...to you.

Regardless of what challenges I must go through as I journey through another day, you do defend me Lord...

You do defend me Father...

You do listen to the righteous heart that does battle everyday to remain in contact with you, remain unscathed by the ravings of the ignorant.

As for me Father, I am aware of what is going on...and I am steering my life journey accordingly, and with high expectations of continuous blessings and favor coming from you Lord.

I'm hanging out with you Father...

I will remain in contact with you today with heartfelt sincerity as I enjoy our modern times...and thankful for all the folks out there who are contributing to our well-being and security, and way of life...

Thanks Lord...

(GM Evagrius)