(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Friday, November 23, 2012

Good Morning Father!

My days lately have been a bit more challenging, yet I continue to trust in you Lord...

Yes, various circumstances come into my life that are challenging my mindset...

Circumstances that try to steer me away from you Lord...

My daily prayer communication to you today Lord is to declare that I know you are keeping me safe as I take refuge in you...

My circumstances arise from random events and people who may knowingly or unknowingly are tempting me away from my quiet mind...

Regardless of this, regardless of any future challenges, my daily prayer communication express my intention to remain tuned-in to you Lord...

I have no better thing than you Lord....

I will remain in your house Lord, and I delight in the feeling that I belong to you...

As for the others who have made other gods than you (money, selfish pride, arrogance, hatred, etc), I stand and watch them suffer in their ignorance, trying to fill an empty void within themselves through earthly activities...

They run obsessed to get their fame, their glory from earthly pursuits...

Today I will not consider them in my mind...they are victims of Satan's plan against them...

They are failing the test of ages...

(Find out Satan's top secret plans against you...)

Off all things in the universe Father, you are my only consideration...my cup is filled and overflowing with your blessings today...

You can only make me secure...

My portion lies in the happy places you have set up for me...

I am assured that I have a delightful legacy in store for me, thanks to you Father...

Your counselling within my heart I acknowledge...I will remain tuned-in to you Lord for I know that your Hand is with me during the good times and the bad...

I will not be shaken knowing this...

So today I declare with a rejoicing heart, a clean tongue because I know you will not abandon me Father to the dead world...that I am with you Lord...

I just know that you won't abandon me as I walk the path of joy that you have set up for me...together we walk the path...

(GM Evagrius)