(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Sunday, November 25, 2012

Father,

It's been a great weekend so far...

I take my blessings with a grateful heart...

Any challenges that have been raised against me have been taken care of without malice, for the most part...

I remember the evil culprit trying to destabilize me from you Lord...

Satan has even been trying to stop me from writing this blog through various distractions...

But I no longer listen to the distractions...

I am keeping my ear open to you only Lord...

The world is drifting away into the natural realm, leaving the supernatural behind...

Earthly rewards is their only expectation, worldly fame and glory...

Yes, one day they will see the error of their ways and might even return to you Father, but it will be too late, their mindset too poisoned to make a recovery...

(Discover Satan's real work against you here...free...)

As much as Satan and his material world tries to tell me you are not listening to me Father, I know the truth: you do hear me Lord, and my rightful pleas...

I'm not afraid if you probe my heart Lord, you will see that I hold no evil, and I do make the effort to do things right Father...

They try to entice me, tempt me from tuning-out from you Lord, but I stick with my connection to you, staying tuned-in, remain unscathed and not stumbling...

I know you answer me Lord with your love, protecting me with your right hand as a take refuge under your wings from those who are intent to destroy me...

My mortal enemies try to surround me and to see me fall with their evil hearts who arrogantly speak out without any fear of you Lord.

They move forward without regard of You Lord, lurking about and executing their evil plans thinking that they are not seen...

But I stand steadfast Father because I know you rise up to confront them and to defend me with your sword...

You are saving me from such people Father, even as we speak you are engineering my salvation from my enemies and those who plot against me...

You are already storing for the wicked their just rewards...

I will simply watch and see the end of the evildoers Father, and as always be grateful for your remembrance of me...

(GM Evagrius)