(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Monday, November 12, 2012

Father, I am no different that anyone else...

I am exposed to the difficulties and challenges that life brings on a daily basis...

Sometimes it's easy, sometimes hard...and even sometimes more than I can handle...

I know one thing though: these challenges are part of my training;

These are part of my maturing...

Part of my awakening...

If I believe this to be true...

Time is a teacher Lord...

Time is the avenue in which I learn from the good times and the bad...

I hope I am learning more of the good than the bad Lord...

I know I am, because I am following you Lord...

No, I am not religious in the religious sense of the word...there's no room for that in me Father.

I just know that in my sincere heart, my uncondemning heart, my pure heart void of any hate, anger, intolerance, wickedness, jealousy...I see myself in contact with you Lord, tuned-in to you...

Connected...

But sometimes, I feel you distant from me Lord, that you are not there for me Father...

I feel that I am pursued, feeling defenseless and open to attack...

My opponents scheming against me while they boast themselves up and making themselves feel important....

(Find out the secret weapons used against you here)

At first, they lie silently waiting for their moment to rise up and boast of their achievements; and they do so without regard for anyone...they do so repeatedly.

I suppose it is their right...but to flaunt it?

Repeatedly they rise, but then fall, only to rise again and fall again...

What have they learned: nothing.

They are trapped in their ways, but they also carry with them the seeds of hate and cold indifference...

There is no humility, just dependence on the fleeting moments of pride and selfish boastfulness...their life is consumed by this...no real thought about you Lord (and if so, it is sadly a false thought, full of conditions)...

They say to themselves "nothing can cause me any harm..."

This applies not only to people Father but also to Satan who continues his pursuit to cut me off (and the whole world) from my relationship with you...

I know Father that in your appointed time you do raise up your hand...you do defend me in my weakness...

You do break the evil intentions of men and women, make them account for their actions...

My heart, mind, body and soul are with you Lord as I go out in the world today and enjoy the the modern journey...especially when I know that you hear the desires of my heart...

You motivate and encourage me Lord with your blessings and favor that surpass any attempt from mere mortals to drag me down...

For that I thank you Lord as I enjoy today modern times with fervour and humble gratitude to you Lord.

(GM Evagrius)