(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Friday, November 2, 2012

(evening prayer communication)

Lord, you've done it once more...

You have blessed my life with a great day, replenishing it on a level that does not destroy my contact with you Lord.

You had provided the resources I needed, even though challenges did come my way...

I just felt the recompense of a peaceful and patient mind in myself as you restored my body, mind, and soul great Father...

I remained steadfast so that you would intervene in my life despite the evil intentions of the Prince Of  Darkness who constantly lurks around for fresh spiritual victims...

I uttered your name so that you come into my life...and you did. You have provided for me today...

Declaring your lovingkindness is such a thrill because you are my strength, and Jesus is my saviour.

With this earnest ambition to get in contact with you Father, I made sure I let my own spirit shine forth as a living beacon of communication so you can see it Lord, and to send blessings my way.

You certainly did that...

Thank You Lord.

(GM Evagrius)