(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Saturday, November 3, 2012

Father, hello...

I thank you for a great week, challenging as it was, I remained steadfast, remembering that you are in control of my life in your own mysterious way...

I am always amazed Father at your power...you the most powerful...

You are the richest...

You are the most influential...

You are the sustainer...

I find it sad that people out there forget this...billions before me over the course of time who simply had forgotten the ultimate head of the universe...

Or simply they did not care to think of you...

Well I'm not one of those Lord...you are the Greatest, and no religion can ever tell me what my heart says: love God first...all the rest will follow.

I declare that I love you first.

I know you are my coach, my trainer throughout my journey of life...

You put me through trials that gently make me stronger and wiser...

I know Father that you sometimes rebuke me as part of my training, as a coach does to an athlete in order to better himself...

And when I am weak and to my limit, I know you are merciful...because you know my love is genuine and heartfelt.

Sometimes I am impatient and I seek out help faster than you can provide...forgive my impatience Lord for I'm only human...and I sometimes follow my own agenda.

Truth is, I know you are delivering me with your love...

Even when I'm downtrodden from the circumstances that confront me and infected by my sorrows, I know that you feel my pain...

Regardless of whatever stands in front of me, my heart is open to receive communication from you, with an expectation that you will rescue me from whatever the situation...

You work behind the scenes to overwhelm my enemies, to put them to shame Father.

I also know that the Prince of Darkness is trying to break my trust in you Lord; but you know my heart now as you did in the past Father...you are spoon-feeding me divine knowledge in doses that I can understand (check The Defeat Of Satan).

My gratitude and appreciation Father...

(GM Evagrius)