(Daily prayer follows after this short introduction)

What kind of prayers does God listen to?

Prayers for strength...requests for good health... for healing... for a happy marriage... help for a loved one... help for your finances... for a better life...a stable life...a peaceful life... to save your relationship...find someone special for you...to deal with any personal problem... help you with your fears... your anxieties...your loneliness...help you control your emotions (such as anger, hate, jealousy, envy, apathy, depression...etc.)...your disappointments...addictions (whether it's drugs, alcoholism, obsessive spending...etc.)...??

What if I were to tell you that He listens to none of that, would it shock you or even surprise you?

I hope not.

First, God listens to your heartfelt desire to communicate with Him because you love Him as your Father; words without faithful love for Him mean nothing...so speaking to God because you want something for yourself means nothing...

Secondly, when you love God, you don't "pray" to Him, like some kind of formality...communicate with Him as someone you genuinely love...

This is what Daily Communication Prayer to God is all about; to teach you how to communicate with the Lord the way he wants to hear from you...






Thursday, January 3, 2013


Father God,

My mind is awake in your Word this morning Lord...

I sense the words that describe your promises to me Father;
Words like "increase" and "stability;"
"Staying strong in Spirit" and "triumphant;"
"Unwavering" and "unswerving."

That all the challenges poised to set off against me today are already defeated...

Your promise to keep me under your protection is in process now Lord.

I am already being lifted above and beyond the reach of all my enemies that surround me...

Out of reach of harm's way;
Distant from any thought, word, or deed that can cause sorrow;
Away from anything that is meant to disconnect me from you Lord.

Although the Evil One is trying to set up plots today through various circumstances that can steer me away from you Lord, I shall remain in your fortress...

I will utter the words of victory that you have instructed me to say within me;
To state my joy of being in-touch with you Lord;
To the sorrow I deliver to those who seek my destruction by standing firm with you Father.

(Satan is secretly plotting against you right now...see how he does it in this free book...)

I have detected Lord the enemy and his plots...

I have detected his plans against all of us...

The Evil One is using all the resources to make us all collapse in conflict of some kind...to be forever trapped in our own weaknesses...

Be they sorrowful situations;
Be they pleasurable;
Be they addictive...

All done for the sake of separating us from you Father.

But in my daily prayer communication with you Father, I know that I must reach out to you...

I need to utter the words of love at you;
I need to activate my communication to you;
State my intention to you;
To seek;
To ask;
To knock at your door.
The way my mentor Jesus showed me...in simple, uncomplicated fashion.

And so I am doing it Lord: I am seeking you, asking you, knocking at your door Father...

As a child who seeks out his father;
As one who turns to his mentor;
To his trusted friend...

To someone who I know will not turn his back on me, but will help me.

I seek you out Father, so don't turn away from me my Lord Savior...

The world may turn from me;
Even someone close to me can forsake me;
But I know Father that you will hold on to me;
Cut open a straight path for me without obstacles;
Push away my oppressors and plotters;
Flush away their plots of self glory at my expense;
Crumble them from their own sheer weight of evil in their hearts.

As I remember the victories we have shared in the past Father, righteous victories...

As I recall the inspiring victories you gave to Moses, David, Jacob, and others who followed you Lord...

I stand confident that I will also continue to see your goodness.

So I remain hopeful and in expectation to see your awesome deeds in my life too Father...

So that I too can continuously sing joyfully the victory Lord that you have demonstrated throughout the ages...

And I do this in your glory and gratitude for all you have done for me (and what you will do for me) Lord Father God.

Thank you.

(from GM Evagrius)